Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Swine Flu Cooties



Today a local *mom* informed me that about one third of her daughter's second grade class has been absent recently.

Swine flu and/or fear thereof!

So I put on a surgical mask and with great trepidation approached the young girl myself.

At that moment, she was hard at work on some art project at the library.

I didn't even ask, but was told nonetheless:

SecondGrader - It's a card for my friend who is sick....people say she has the swine flu.

That IS NOT the card pictured above, nor is it the one pictured below:



Those I found via Google.

It must be hard on some kids though, to have their Moronic peers teasing or steering clear of them on account of pig flu paranoia.

This reminds me of the time I did in government schools, some 25-30 years ago.

Back then the worst affliction one could have was *cooties*.

I'm telling you, it's a good analogy.

Wikipedia describes cooties as also,

...an IMAGINARY 'disease' or condition...

!!!

No comments: