Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Picked Off By Rachel Ray!



*Picked off* means, in trading pit jargon, to have had someone come in and take money from you - via suckering you into an instantaneously losing trade with them.

Sometime last week I received an email from *The Rachel Ray Show* expressing an interest in some of my *homemade Thanksgiving videos* up on YouTube. The message asked for permission to use them in an upcoming show.

Hmmmmm....I couldn't remember putting any videos from t-giving recently. Some crack research revealed that I had put up a few clips some years ago - and the videos weren't even that good, IMO.

Twice I inquired as to which video(s) they were interested in but didn't get a specific answer. So for a chance to get my kids on TV, I did what they asked me to do. I had to burn all possible videos they wanted on a CD, sign over my rights to them, and overnight it all to Manhattan. All of this took me 2 precious hours. Some woman gave me the show's account number and said to bill them.

Of course, the UPS Store said *they were no longer allowing that*. So I had to go into my pocket for $20 to ship the disc.

Looking at the videos I couldn't imagine they would get used on the show - but you just never know.

So throughout the process I knew this was going to be a waste of time and money. Obviously the original request was a *spam* sent to tons of YouTube accounts who had *Thanksgiving* videos. I regret that I was but one of who knows how many starstruck Morons gullible enough to go through this hassle for nothing.

At least they had the decency to call me today and inform me that my clips didn't make the cut.

Butt the minor ordeal wasn't a total loss. Writing the post I came across a pretty cool pic of Ms. Ray.

3 comments:

Taylor Conant said...

C,

obvious fake. You must've been too busy oogling her trunk (I know, I would be too) to notice her bosom was much to plump for the rather "boyish" chested Rachel Ray.

Nice try, DOUBLE SUCKER!

Now you're going to claim you made a funny on purpose to save face... PRE-EMPTED EXCUSE!

CaptiousNut said...

If it's fake, it's not an obvious one. I did some research before linking.

Look on YouTube, her tail is that big. Here too.


Also, from that cool pic you can't really assess the size of her chest.

If it's a fake, it's got enough verisimilitude to climb atop the search results.

Having said that....yeah, I agree that her T:A ratio is awfully low.

Funny Circus Bears said...

I chuckled. Yes you were picked off by that big bootied broad, but man enough to fess up.